Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Ting - ‘bus stopping’


There are times when however much I try, I cannot see where to go,
Or what to do. Times when life hits out and hits out and hits out.
When all I want to do is shout.
Stop! Stop! Please let me off this merry-go-round that calls itself life,
And let me have time to catch my breath, and get my bearings,
And to try and see where I have come from.
Is it possible that there could be an end of the nightmare
That I am living in? An end to the bad dream from which I cannot waken?
Stop! Stop! Please can we stop this bus at the next corner,
And can I alight and stand my feet four square on solid ground
For just a few minutes?
Could the days that are darker than night be sunlit once again?
Could I turn back time, repel the tide, and relive the times that have long gone?
Could I go back to when I could see life laid out in front of me,
A map, all routes and roads of promise, infinite choice of ways to go?
Could I go back to when I had hope?
Stop! Stop! Please will someone pull the cord and stop this train?
Please leave me at the next station, to sit and contemplate the words
That Betjeman wrote?
There are times when however much I try, I cannot see where to go,
Or what to do. And the only answer seems to be to ask life to let me go.
(c) 2ndwitch 05/10/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home