Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tell me why - - - -

(inspired by the Boomtown Rats).


















Someone wrote a song about it once - but got it wrong.
It is not Mondays I don’t like, but Wednesday.
The world turns upon its axis, day upon day
And we, the worker ants, are treading the wheel.
But still the ones who rule us all will have their play
And will punish those who sometimes dare to feel.
I cannot bear the pain that daily speaks
Its name upon the news and in the press,
And now I take my time to right that song
And today I shot and shot the whole day down.

No matter that the sun shone gold on green
White clouds played and raced across the blue.
The turning world went on its weary way
Whilst my smoking gun made wounds to heal.
The world is broken, troubled, sad and grey,
And hope has left the desert of our lives.
I can no longer hear the news, the endless tale
Of tragedy and loss and broken men.
So now I take my time to right that song
And today I shot and shot the whole day down.

(c) 2ndwitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home