Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday 12th September

Forgive me.

Forgive me, if you can, for being me.

Forgive the frightened child you cannot see.

Never hold me close, I cannot stand the pain.

I’ll push you to the limit, over and over again.

Forgive me, if you can, for hurting you.

Forgive the lonely soul, however hard to do.

Take away your arms, do not pity me,

For you could never know how lonely I can be.

Forgive me, if you can, for what I ask of you.

Forgive my hateful words and the injury I do.

Leave me to myself, I am not worth your time.

Life’s a great high hill, I am not fitted for the climb.

Forgive me, if you can, for hearing what you say,

Forgive my inner self, who begs you still to stay.

I wish I could believe all that you say to me,

You say that you are different, but that you cannot be.

Forgive me, if you can, for doubting every word.

Forgive the unbeliever for truth is rarely heard.

The frightened child inside, the one you cannot see,

Wants you to be sincere, for it means so much to me.

© C P Brooks 1995

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home