Sunday, January 18, 2015

Introspective



There are some days when the temperature hovers reluctantly
Not very far above zero, or even does not bother to get that far,
When all you want to do is one of three things, to wrap up and go
For a walk, or to sit by a blazing fire, or to stay in bed.
Most people recognise that such days exist, so why
Is the individual so reluctant to embrace and go with them?
Why does the pressure of everyday life prevent the
Simple actions of stopping and taking stock?
Today I stopped. I recognised some truths, and also
Some lies. I recognised some dead ends taken, and also
Some through roads that I missed. And I read.
I am not sure where I want to go now, but I do
Know that I want to go somewhere and that the
Fear of the unknown is holding me back.

© 2ndwitch, 18/01/14

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home