Friday, October 31, 2014

Starting Over.



Please let me live in land of dreams, where the weather is
Always in keeping with the season and the available
Choice of clothing.
Please let me live in a land of my imagination, where
I always have friends who never lie and who
Are there when I need them, and I for them.
Please let me live in a land of make-believe
Where no-one is hungry or homeless,
And where all can work according to their
Ability, whatever that is, for all are able at something.
Please let me live in a land where the will of the
People is the sovereign will of those who govern,
And where none is set on a pedestal.
Please let me live in a land of plenty, where
I can always eat food that I like and that likes me.
Please let me live in a land where doctors and dentists
Treat everyone regardless of their colour, shape, gender
Or bank balance.

There are those who would say I ask for too much,
But I do not think so.
I think we can create a world like that, and we can
Imagine a world where there is peace.
And we can, because we are infinite, take
Control of life, and using our own hands,
Make it real.
Please let it be.

© 2ndwitch, 31/0/14

Inspired to some degree by the optimism of John Lennon, and by the people who want change.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home