Saturday, September 21, 2013

The road not taken.





As the evening light fades into monochrome shadows,
And the breeze sweeps clear the daylight’s dust;
‘Tis then I will remember all you said to me,
‘Tis then that I will wish you back again.
A million stars are studded on midnight’s velvet gown,
Dancing to the silver song of moonlight’s melody;
‘Tis then I long to feel your arms around me,
‘Tis then I wish that I could turn back time.
For in the long hours that slowly slide towards dawn,
Memory and regrets play harmony and discord
In my restless mind; and thoughts of what might have been
Weave a descant refrain across the truth that is today.
But however hard I try, I cannot turn back time, and I 
Cannot relive those times, say things in a different way,
Reach out a hand and stop the pain.
I cannot stand upon the shore and halt the 
Remorseless ebb and flow of the tides.
And so I lie, in darkness wrapped, and think
On what might have been.
If only.

(c) 2ndwitch, 21/09/13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home